Tuesday, February 15, 2011

McLuhan Photoshop Final Post

The purpose of this project was to choose a medium from my previous blog and channel it into a Photoshop image. I have chosen to expand on the medium known as, "Blackberry Messaging", or "BBM". I feel that this is a good example of what McLuhan was talking about because this is a very exclusive way of communicating but it is also convenient.
BBMing is basically text messages between two Blackberry's. The difference is that it is basically faster, you are able to tell if the receiver actually read your message or not, and it deals with pin numbers instead of phone numbers which enabled a contact list to become more personal.
The message that i was trying to incorporate into this image was that Blackberry messaging is exclusive. By doing this I made it seem like Blackberry is an exclusive club that everybody wants to be apart of. I focused on both the city life and the business world, hence the business man walking with a cell phone on the left.
I put a picture of London (at night) in the background to represent night life because BBMing is a youthful form of communication and any city is the place to be after dark.

***I finished this project over the weekend and did not post a "progressing image". Both postings would have looked exactly the same. I apologize for your inconvenience.***

No comments:

Post a Comment